AND Pavement Engineering
Rii specializes in non-destructive testing (NDT) and evaluation of pavements, pavement management, design development, and pavement maintenance for roadways, parking lots, airport runways, aprons and taxiways.
Specific services include:
- Pavement & Bridge Condition Survey
- Maintenance Needs Assessment, Planning & Scheduling
- Pavement Engineering & Rehabilitation
- Airfield Pavement Assessment & Management
- Life-Cycle Cost Analysis
- Sustainable Infrastructure & Green Road Technologies
- Pavement Design Optimization
- Non-Destructive Testing & Analysis
- Pavement Management Systems (PMS) Implementation
- PMS Software Installation & Training
Rii has installed a large number of PMS packages with various governmental organizations. Over time, PMS technology has evolved and progressed considerably. The earliest (PMS) technology provided, in essence, was an information management system in which pavement conditions were used to determine maintenance strategies. Current enhancements have been added to greatly increase efficiency and effectiveness.
Rii maintains highly experienced and technical staff for the planning, design, and implementation of computer system hardware/software applications. We also provide customized software and services on a consultation basis.
Our professional engineers and experienced field technicians perform visual inspections, record research, conduct non-destructive testing and pavement coring and sampling of subgrade materials for providing Pavement Condition Ratings (PCR), remaining life analysis, traffic analysis, evaluation and recommendations for rehabilitation, reconstruction, and maintenance of pavements.
Our state-of-the art equipment and methods of obtaining data to conduct roughness and smoothness testing of pavements include the following:
- Heavy Falling Weight Deflectometer (HFWD)
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- High Frame Rate, High Resolution Thermal Imaging Camera
- Lightweight Deflectometer (LWD)
- Automated Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (ADCP)
- Handheld GIS Data Collection