Meet the Family
Ms. Majidzadeh built Resource International, Inc. (Rii) from a one-person company to a successful and diverse firm which has been operating since 1973 under current female-owned management. She has received numerous awards and appointments for her work in the construction management, design, and technology fields, including the following: appointment to the Board of Directors for the International Road Federation (IRF); Executive Director and Vice Chairperson of IRF; Chairperson of the International Road Education Foundation (IREF); 1998 Master Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist; 1998 Finalist Small Business Person of the Year; Ohio Women’s Hall of Fame; Ellis Island Medal of Honor, and many others. In addition, Ms. Majidzadeh led the creation of an international joint venture involving Greek, American and Saudi firms in Saudi Arabia, registered as “Highway Maintenance Associates” (HMA), where she served in an unprecedented position of Chairperson from 1987 to 2002. HMA developed a state of the art, integrated highway maintenance management system for the Ministry of Communications (MOC), Government of Saudi Arabia. Ms. Majidzadeh is still extremely involved in various organizations, and currently serves as Chairman of the IREF Development Committee.
Farah B. Majidzadeh
CEO and Chairperson
As CEO and Chairperson of the Board for Rii, Ms. Majidzadeh is extremely involved in the operations of the firm. She is responsible for the overall success of the company and partakes in general firm operations, financing, risk management, quality assurance, and client relations. In addition, she heads up the corporate vision, social responsibility campaigns and oversees the management team.
Appointments and Honors:
- 2011 Columbus Chamber of Commerce Small Business Award for Diversity Leadership
- 2010 Enterprising Women of the Year Award (Over $10 million and up to $25 million in annual sales revenues category)
- Member of Governor’s Advisory committee for organizing Ohio Momentum 2010 Event
- Member of Nominating Committee of Ohio Women Hall of Fame, 2008 – Present
- Member of Governor’s Advisory Committee for Ohio Women Hall of Fame, 2007- present
- Member of External CEO’s Advisory Committee, The Ohio State University, Civil Engineering Department NSF Research Grant, 2009-present
- Featured in a book titled, Profiles of Ohio Women, 1803-2003
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor, 2002
- Inducted into the State of Ohio Women’s Hall of Fame, 2000
- Master Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist, 1998
- Ohio Commodores, awarded the executive order of Ohio Commodores for contributions as a member of the Ohio Trade Missions, promoting business from the State of Ohio, 1985
- Small Business Person of the Year, Columbus Area Finalist, 1998
- Nominated for Excellence in Enterprise, 1995
- Small Business Person of the Year, Columbus Area Finalist, 1987
- Who's Who in American Society
- Chairperson, Session on Environmental Corridor, IRF Conference, Calgary, Alberta, 1994
- Chairperson, Workshop, Second North American Conference on Managing Pavements, Toronto, 1987
- Associate Member of American Institute of Architecture
- MBA Advisory Board for Otterbein College
- Member of the National Council of Ohio Women
- Committee Member – Children’s Defense Fund
- Committee Member – Columbus Coalition Against Violence
Kamran Majidzadeh, PhD, PE
Dr. Majidzadeh, PE, Emeritus Professional of Civil and Environmental Engineering at The Ohio State University, has more than four decades of experience as both an academic and professional in infrastructure management, asset condition investigations, and innovative material modeling and design services for government agencies worldwide. Additionally, he has provided pavement management studies for the Ohio Turnpike, Kansas Turnpike, Ohio Department of Transportation, and other state agencies. Dr. Majidzadeh has also led asset management studies, including the Highway Maintenance Management System project (HMMS), for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s entire roadway network.
Additionally, Dr. Majidzadeh is an established scholar, with a Doctorate Degree from the University of Illinois, and Master of Science and Bachelor of Science Degrees in Civil Engineering. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Ohio, Florida, and Indiana, and has authored more than 150 articles in national and international conferences related to pavement engineering, design, and maintenance management.
Marcia Majidzadeh Lampman
Executive Vice President, HR and Marketing
Ms. Lampman oversees human resources, performs business development for transportation/infrastructure clients, and assists with general firm operations. From the time she was 14, she would answer the company phone at home, so it was no surprise when she was recruited by her parents to join the firm shortly after she graduated from college in the late 1980s. As a family member and Executive VP, she is very involved with most of the firm’s clients and serves as the Client Manager for ODOT, COTA and GCRTA, to name a few.
Executive Vice President, Non-Destructive Engineering and Information Technology Services
Mr. Majidzadeh was the last to permanently join the family business in 2001. He had a previous career in investment banking, specializing in mergers and acquisitions, as well as the structuring and marketing of municipal derivative transactions. In just a few years, Mr. Majidzadeh quickly expanded Rii’s capabilities by adding Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) services to the Non-Destructive Engineering group. Currently, he oversees the data acquisition, processing, interpretation, and report writing for this group. Using the latest in technology, he has served as project manager on numerous GPR-related projects, including bridge deck evaluations totaling more than 14 million square feet. Additionally, Mr. Majidzadeh currently serves as Executive Vice President of Information Technology (IT) services, managing the software development of ProjectGrid.comTM, Rii’s project collaboration website, as well as managing the IT consulting practice.
Mark Majidzadeh, LEED AP
Executive Vice President, Construction Management
Mr. Majidzadeh joined the firm in 1988 and serves as a Project Executive for the Construction Management division where he is responsible for overseeing and managing department resources and personnel, coordinating project development, and ensuring overall quality service and dedication to the firm’s Clients. Mr. Majidzadeh is the Client Manager for the Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC) which Rii has been serving since 1998. In addition, he oversaw the development of the OSFC Construction Management website which Rii developed as a multifaceted central web tool for the OSFC that comprises major interconnected systems.
Stasia Vavruska, JD
Senior Vice President & General Counsel
After a stint as a construction litigation associate, Ms. Vavruska, the oldest child in the family, joined Rii and is the sole legal counsel for the firm. She is primarily accountable for negotiating and drafting professional services, construction and technology contracts; counseling company managers on employment and discrimination law matters; representing the company in legal proceedings; and/or supervising outside counsel representing the company in complex construction litigation. In addition to her JD received from The George Washington University Law School in 1986, Ms. Vavruska was awarded a Masters in Public Administration from Cleveland State University in 2008. Time permitting, Ms. Vavruska tries to stay involved in the community, particularly in education related volunteer activities.