MATERIAL Engineering SERVICES
Rii has been engaged in geotechnical engineering and laboratory testing services since the firm’s inception. Our vast project experience includes subsurface investigations for municipal, transportation and commercial development projects. Additionally, we have provided geotechnical expertise to local, state and federal projects involving design of deep foundations, slope remediation, retaining walls, tunneling systems and pavements.
Our in-house fleet of drilling vehicles includes both truck- and ATV-mounted rigs. We also possess specialized equipment for performing in-situ pavement and subgrade evaluations. This includes the Automated Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (ADCP) which determines in-situ strength and thickness of soils, unbound granular base and subbase layers and subgrades, and the Lightweight Deflectometer (LWD) which determines the elastic modulus of the pavement structure.
Overall services include:
- Soil and Rock Drilling
- Geotechnical Instrumentation Installation and Monitoring
- In-situ Soil and Rock Testing for Tunneling Systems
- Laboratory Classification and Specialty Testing of Soil and Rock
- Bearing Capacity and Settlement Analysis of Shallow and Deep Foundation Systems
- Slope Stability and Seepage Analysis
- Design of Mechanical Slope Retention Systems
- Retaining Wall, Sheet Piling and Anchor System design
- Pavement Design
- Geophysical Investigations
- Hydrogeological Studies
- Dewatering Planning Development
Rii operates and maintains accredited ASTM and AASHTO soil and material testing laboratories throughout the state of Ohio, as well as mobile laboratory locations. Our corporate office laboratory facility is a fully equipped laboratory capable of handling most ASTM and AASHTO testing of soil, aggregate, Portland cement concrete, hot mix asphalt and masonry. Classification, strength, compressibility, permeability and California bearing ratio tests are routinely performed.
Rii is prequalified with the Ohio and Indiana DOTs for the following services:
- Geotechnical Engineering Services
- Geotechnical Testing Laboratory
- Geotechnical Field Exploration
- Geotechnical Drilling Exploration