Rii provides Battelle Memorial Institute with on-call Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) services for both their King Avenue Complex in Columbus, Ohio and their research facility at West Jefferson, Ohio. As part of Battelle’s expansion, renovation, and overall improvement projects, they rely on Rii to provide SUE services. As part of this contract, Rii provides experienced utility crews who are readily available, and adhere to OSHA safety standards and campus identification requirements. Rii utilizes all available Subsurface Utility equipment needed to complete the project.
Rii also provides SUE services to on-site Contractors who are hired by the Owner that are required to coordinate with and utilize Rii’s services for work on the property. Construction work cannot proceed until all utilities have been marked and cleared in the work area. Utilities have included electric, fiber optic cable, water line, gas, storm water, force mains, telephone and oil transmission line.
Rii provides emergency response within four hours and responds to normal requests within 24-48 hours based on the client’s needs on a task by task basis. Tasks can vary in magnitude from a two hour to one week effort. During the construction period, on-call tasks are on average twice a week.
Some larger project tasks to date have included:
- New Life Sciences Research Laboratory, West Jefferson, Ohio
- New High Energy Research Laboratory Area Expansion, West Jefferson, Ohio
- Hazardous Materials Research Facility Expansion, West Jefferson, Ohio
- King Avenue Campus South Parking Lot Reconstruction, Columbus, Ohio
- King Avenue Campus Office and Laboratory Renovation, Columbus, Ohio